As of 11 a.m. today, the day after Christmas, we have raised $104,681.20 in our 2024 Sustainability Campaign. This number includes the donations we have received to date plus the $3,000 Knight Community Bonus. This means we will not reach our campaign goal of $200,000.
We have had 469 donations so far, which includes 31 new donors. If we were to have another 19 new donors give to ELi before Dec. 31, we will receive a $500 bonus from our matching program.
All donations are tax deductible. And all donations before Dec. 31 will be matched, dollar for dollar.
East Lansing Info is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and is recognized by the IRS as a public service charity. This means every donation to ELi is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law for the year in which you make the donation.
There are lots of ways to donate. You can find the best way for you and your family to give to this crucial nonprofit local news organization on this page.
If donating before Dec. 31 via check works best for you, date it Dec. 31, 2023 and we will acknowledge it as a donation in 2023 when we receive it. If you know you will be sending a check and want us to count it in the campaign total tonight, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already donated or just want to do more? Tell a friend about ELi!
The best way to support ELi at this time, besides giving to our 2024 Sustainability Campaign, is to spread the word. Tell your friends and neighbors about ELi and that ELi needs financial help now. Talk about what ELi means to you, and let your friends, family and neighbors know that they can access ELi on our webpage or through social media.
East Lansing Insider is another way to give to ELi by subscribing to receive East Lansing news updates directly to your inbox as soon as the news breaks. The funds used to purchase a subscription to the East Lansing Insider will also be matched, so if you’ve considered joining, do it before Dec. 31!
How do we calculate what’s been raised in the campaign?
We put together lump-sum contributions made since the campaign started, take new monthly donations and multiply them by 12, and also include any matching funds we know we will receive. Doing that, we find we have raised $104,681.20 toward our campaign goal of $200,000 as of today.
What if we don’t reach the goal?
If we are unable to financially sustain operations for 2024, our Publisher Beth Peck will ask ELi’s Board of Directors to meet to discuss options going forward. This meeting will be about making hard decisions about ELi’s future and budget.
The team at ELi still feels copious amounts of gratitude toward our supporters and for our City of East Lansing. We have only raised 52% of our $200,000 fundraising goal and we only have six days left to make up the remaining 48%. But ELi is determined to find a way, thanks to you.
Please consider spreading the word about how ELi lights up our community by providing free, non-partisan local news and donate today.
Here is how you can give:
- Click here to give now
- Visit eastlansinginfo.news/donate/ to find clickable links to give using your credit card
- Look out for ELi’s paper edition; it will include a return envelope
- Send a check to P.O. Box 115, East Lansing, MI, 48826-0115
- Reach out to us through email to find other ways to give: email@example.com
- Click here for more ways to give